Sunday, July 02, 2006

Hi Everyone,
I've just been visiting ishirlz blog. She is certainly a talented young lady. Yes I say young as she is about the same age as my eldest daughter. Today is the first time I have visited another blogg and I must say that I thought is was an experience to see what can be achieved from blogging. The only other blog I have visited is Jodee76. Who is my daughter.
We were down at the shop all day today, and at last we feel that we are getting somewhere. The floor has finally been painted and so are the walls HOORAY. We moved the desks in the office and have just realized how big the shop really is. It will be good to see it up and running. I promise only a couple of more weeks. I'll keep you all informed, that is if any of you read this. I am not sure if any of your do.
Getting back to ishirlz blog. She is celebrating 6 years of marriage, that at the time seems such a long time but believe me, it goes really fast. I've been happily married to a wonderful man for 32 and half years and it still seems like yesterday. Although we do have 3 children and two granddaughters. So I suppose it has been a long time. Our age is showing that it is a long time and so is the Grey hair. But who cares if your happy. I say that the secret to a long successful marriage is to be open and trust each other and never go to bed angry. Say I love you every day (even if it's not said back, but we all know how men are!!!!). Bill is such a wonderful Man and I love him so very much.
Our youngest daughter Melinda, who is getting married April next year, has just found a house they like and have put in an offer and it has been accepted. They also have found out that their loan has been formally approved. So it all go for them.
I visited my mother last Thursday in the nursing home. She is 86 yo and unfortunately has Short term memory loss and gradually her long term memory is going as well. I don't think she really knew sho I was last Thursday, she knew I was someone close but not exactly who i was. She is in the best place as she need 24 hour care for her own protection, but still today it hurts that you have to have her in there. She has settled in well, it has taken her 2 years to finally settle down, but I think its the deterioation of her memory that is helping. When we arrived she was playing darts. My mother has never played darts in her whole life and she came 3rd Thursday, but she has 3 certificates in her room saying that she came first. things you find out about your mother. I am glad she is at last mixing in. They tell me she is also starting to help out in the craft section. Love you Mum ( I know she won't read this but I just want to tell her that I love her.)

DH own a taxi and yesterday it was crashed by one of the drivers, look like about $5000.00 worth of damage, thank God for insurance. So DH has a few days off while it is being fixed. Maybe he will go to the shop and do something down there, but I won't cblame him if he want a couple of days off. although it would be good to have days off together. A holiday would be good. With the shop opening soon can't see a holiday for a while yet.

Well as I am getting old and its 9.50p.m. Sunday Night, I had better go and get as much beauty sleep that I possibly can.

Till next time, I hope this finds you all well and healthy. Remember to keep loving.

xxoxx
Judee ds

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi judee. thanks for dropping by my blog and for your kind words about me:) oh be warn this blogging thing is very addictive. i can't seem to get off the computer these days...lol.

sorry to hear about your husband's taxi. glad it is repairable and no one got injured.

p/s: can't wait to see you in person too when the shop opens.

shirls

Crissy Gaylor said...

Hi Judee, I got your details off Shirls blog. Hope you do not mind.
I can not wait to meet everyone once the shop is opened. The anticpation and excitement is building! :)