Saturday, February 03, 2007

and one makes four....

Guess what, I have completed another layout.......... I seem to get all these great ideas, but never seem to put them down on paper. I completed another lo on Friday Night crop. I think I have even surprised myself.
I even know what i am going to do for my next layout....hows that.
Went shopping today. Jodie was at the shop today so I went with Melinda to by an outfit for the wedding. We went to Shadstone. and walked and walked and walked. It is such a big place, but believe it, I didn't find anything. Went to Myer and David Jones as well but still nothing. Melinda was also looking for shoes for the wedding, but she also found nothing. Three hours later we came out of Chady only buying a drink and sandwiches. We were going to go to Knox, then I remembered a shop in Frankston from where I purchased my outfit for Jodie's wedding. So Off to Frankston Melinda and I went. Boy has that place changed in five years.... I haven't been shopping in Frankston for at least five years, and the new shopping centre and cinemas and all. I was really surprised. Any how, we went into "the shop" and was looking around and getting further and further dissappointed as the sales lady was telling me that I was at the end of the summer fashion and the Autumn Fashion wouldn't be in until the end of February/March. i decided to try on a couple of outfits, but was heading into the heights of depression. When, lo and behold she found an outfit that was the only one left..... I said yes I'll try it. Loved it. I need to continue the walking just to lose a little more and with some control under garments the fit will be wonderful. It was slimming and completely just what I was looking for. (thankyou Galants in Frankston. You have saved my life again.) So I am out of my quick depression and am on the lookout for the shoes (not stiletto), handbag and believe it or not a hat. Then I am finished. What a weight off my shoulders. Then we decided to go looking for shoes. Melinda found some for her, they are beautiful and not stiletto and I am sure she will be able to stay on them. Then looked for shoes for me but I am not that worried as I can at least color them if necessary. The Handbag is another thing I am not worried about. The Hat I am going to Factory warehouse, the sales lady is ringing me next week to tell me of the address.
Then it was off to the Cake Decorating shop. Melinda knows what she wants, but I was just looking at the shop in Frankston, that I used to work at as a Cake Decorator, They have some upto date information. I haven't done a cake since Jodie's Wedding in 1999. So this week I am starting on the cake. Will post a picture, when I have finished it.
We decided that as it was 4pm it was time for another drink, so we stopped for coffee and a well needed break. We both left Frankston quite satisfied. Then it was off to Fountain Gate to pick up Melinda's engagement ring that was it for warranty checking. So we arrived home at 5.30p.m quite exhausted. I then went looking for my garter, that I wore at my wedding and so did Jodie. Melinda is wearing this on her wedding day, then I noticed my wedding dress. Just the Petticoat was enough. The waist is so small. Gee I was tiny nearly 33 years ago. Melinda tried on my wedding dress. I was even smaller than Melinda is today, and she is only a size 10... Memories are golden. Then I was looking into the stuff in my Camphor wood chest. Old letters (loce letter I wrote to Bill in 1971 and Cards from when we were going out. Many long years ago. Then we came across some of the Kids old school work. Melinda was facinated that I have kept such things. I even have the account from the Broardbeach International Hotel on the Gold Coast ( from our Honeymoon). the account was for $31.00 thats for 7 days in 1974. I even have a photo of the hotel. By the way the Broardbeach International is no longer there. and the vacant property around it is not longer vacant.
Again Memories are golden.
Tomorrow (Sunday) Jodie is again working in the shop and Melinda and I are heading to Jeffs shed (Melbourne Exhibition Centre) to the Gift fair for traders. Another big day. We intend being in Melbourne at 9am in the Morning.
Well after such a tiring day and an enormous blogg of my exciting news. I am going to close and hope that you all out there have a wonderful night and remember that memories are golden.
I might even scrap the items I found in the camphor wood chest.
Keeps smiling and Healthy,
L
Judyxxxx Sleep tight..

3 comments:

Ruey said...

Hi Judee
It has been ages since I have stopped by ......bad bad bad me!! It has been great reading about your adventures and the dress shopping one brought back lots of memories. Can't wait to see the perfect dress and your layouts. Take care!!

connie said...

well where are they........ please share with us!!!

C...xxx

Laura said...

Hey Judee

Isn't it funny that you can go to Chadstone, the shopping Capital of Victoria and find what you were looking for in Frankston lol. I do that all the time! Can't wait to see the wedding photos. So much happening for you right now, with a pregnant daughter and another that is getting married....what an exciting time. Hope to see you friday night...and those lo's :)
Laura