Friday, February 23, 2007

RIP: Parkinson James Edward

Two Years, Two weeks and Three Days after being diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and Doctors giving 6 months to live, My Wonderful Brother Jim, has passed away. He was a fighter and did her fight right up until the very last. James Edward Parkinson passed away 23rd February, 2007 at approx 5.55am.
Jim you meant the world to me. Your ideals were the ideals I would like to attain. You were strong and realistic. You were the life of the party. You were the Red wine drinker, the speach giver, the person who you could tell everthing and know that it wouldn't be passed on. Nothing was ever too much for you. You were the open ear, who would listen to everyone, but would then tell them what maybe they didn't want to hear, but then again maybe they did, but it was the truth. Some people didn't want to listen, but it was their loss in the end. You were a wonderful Son, Brother, Husband, and Father, and the best Grandpa Jim any child could ever wish for.
Your life over the past 14 years has been tumultuous. You eventualy realised that an unhappy marriage was not one that you stay in just becuase of the children. You stay because you want to stay. After 27 years of marriage it took you such a long time to realize this, but eventually you did. Your life with Janet was one of Love, and Music. This is not saying that all was red roses because I know it wasn't but the love you two shared was a bond that was amazing to see.
Whilst growing up, you were 11 years my senior, but even though you wanted to put me on the road and let a car run over me. I know you loved me. You tried to teach me my tables, unfortunately you didn't succeed. You taught me love, and fun.
I will always remember my 50th Birthday Party, you told me you couldn't come as money was tight, but then 1 hour before the party started, who should turn up on my doorstep, but my wonderful big brother. We partied into the early hours of the morning, but we were still bright enough the next day to continue. Then that big life of the party brother, picked up a tiny, delicate 2week old Cassie and with amazement kissed her on the head and said what a darling little angel you are. This showed me you were the strong, wine drinking, fun loving, macho man with the very tender, gentle side.
I love you and always have, and will miss our long talks and coffees, and of course drinks.
I will look after Mum just as we had talked of. Janet will still be on my telephone list and always will be.
Sleep peacefully my darling brother.
Love always
Keep smiling and Happy
you little flossie
Judy

4 comments:

connie said...

Judee, I am so sorry for your loss... keep strong..
take care
C....xxx

Janet said...

Jude, I am so sorry for the loss of your big brother.. May he spread his angel wings and soar above you, watching over you for now and eternity...

Warm Hugs
Janet

Anonymous said...

I have never met you personally judee, but your name and beautiful comments continually pop up on kayties blog. I thought I'd better have a look at your site and was shocked to see that your brother has passed away, even in this extremely tough time you have managed to leave an inspiring message for us and I sincerely thankyou. I hope all goes smoothly for you also as you celebrate your brothers life. Thanks Dave.O

Laura said...

Judy I am so sorry of the loss of your big brother. I'm sure he will continue to look after his little sister from beyond. Take care your yourself...
Thanks again for all your comments and thoughts for Kaytie during such a hard time for you. xoxox