Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Countdown until wedding

With only 1and half weeks to go, I have been rather busy trying to sort out the final arrangements.
  • Met with Glenn's parents on Sunday Night. Bill cooked a lovely meal and then it was down to business. Numbers stand at 113 plus 2 children (the flowergirls) It has been decided that each family pay for their own guests and we split the bridal party and the kids guests 3 ways. Then it was the cost for the celebrant, cake, cars, flowers etc etc. These costs also are being split 3 ways. Bill and I are up approx $1000.00 with this arrangement. We are not complaining.
  • Monday night Melinda Glenn and I went to see the reception rooms to arrange menu(can't let you know the menu yet, will tell after the wedding,I will say it is YUMMY, especially the sweets) and colours for napkins, and all the final arrangements for the reception and paying the money. All went very smoothly. I must say that the new owners are very easy to speak with and we have had not hassels.
  • Tuesday, I opened the shop, then left Jenny and Marni to manage it. (Jodie came in again, I don't think she trusts me. Ha Ha). I went to Frankston, collected my outfit, bought a hat, bought shoes for mum to wear, organised the items I need to complete the cake, bought stockings, ribbon for bonbonieres, and after approx $600.00 later and a cup of tea and some lunch, I left Frankston and returned to the shop.
  • On my return today, the boxes for the bonbonieres were delivered to the shop, so that another thing I can get on to.
  • I went home to a wonderfully clean house. Debbie Hemple came in today and did a marvelous restoration to my house. Thanks Debbie, it was great to go home and not have to do anything.
  • I am now just relaxing, checking out blogg world and then I think it might me time for bed. ready to start another busy day.

Jodie dropped Chelsie off to Moniques today and then came into the shop with Chelsie, of course I had Nannie cuddles. It is wonderful to have a newborn around again. They smell just so scrumptious. She did try to get some food from my boobs but I told her in no uncertain terms that they are a dry agrument.

I have decided that the time has come, I must get my beauty sleep.

Keep smiling and healthy

l

Judy

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Great to see the wedding arrangements are coming along nicely. You have been so busy of late, you should ask if you can join them on their honeymoon.LOL. You'll need a well earned rest too.

Janet said...

Jud, I have no idea how you do what you do, you are an amazing chick you know that?

Great to hear all the wedding plans are just about settled, not long now... can't wait to hear all the details.

Cya soon

connie said...

wow the wedding is coming along GREAT!!....

C...xxx

congrats on becoming a grandma again!!!......xxxxx

Crissy Gaylor said...

You are one busy Lady! I can not wait to see the photos! Remember to take some time out for yourself too! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for that lovely encouragement and appreciation!!Best wishes to your daughter on her forth coming wedding. Hope you have a great time organizing it and may it be a great success. Warmly.Dave Richards