Friday, August 11, 2006

Time to get strong!!!!!!!

I still haven't had two days off in a row either has Jodie!!!!! I had yesterday off because of not feeling well, and Jodie has had a couple of hours off. We still need to work out our time mangement. this is really important for both of us.
Looking forward to Sunday when we are having a get together with our distance closer DT Members. We are getting together to say goodbye to Chrissy who is off to Perth. We are sorry to see her go but I can assure you I am sure she will continue to give us some wonderful lo's from across the Country. Look forward to seeing you Sunday Chrissy and all the best for your new challenge the other side of Australia. Sorry for the long distance DT members but I am sure we can make it up to you in some way.
Have you heard!!!!!!.
I have started a Junior Design team.
I have it open to children between prep(Kinder) year through to Grade 6. Most of the current JDT are from local school and come into the shop. They are each given 8 pieces of paper and two packs of stickers. I try and give them a choice of their favourite colour, it is amazing what they are bringing back. I know some have had help from their parents, but who cares it is starting them off in a hobby. By the way it is not only girls I have boys interested as well.
I have some exciting activities planned for them. They are coming in quite excited about their challenges.
One little girl came into the shop the other day to hand in her challenge and before she would leave she insited on a cuddle. How cute. At least it's keeping them off the streets and maybe when they are older it will help also.
So much for my good turn this week. If any of you have any aadvise of what else I can give these talented youngsters, please give me some advise. It has become bigger that I expected. Their challenges are up on the wall for all to see and will soon be having a pride of place under a big JUNIOR DESIGN TEAM Poster. If you can come into the shop please take time to check out the JDT.
All for now.
Keep Smiling and Healthy.

Judee

5 comments:

Crissy Gaylor said...

Can not wait to see the Junior Design Team's work on Sunday. What a fabulous idea Judee! Love it! :)See you then.

connie said...

Great idea on the JDT... love it.. will be checking it out on Sunday...
Take it easy Judee... take care of yourself.. try and take a day off and relax... you need it and so does Jodie!!!
C ya sunday..
Connie...xxx

Sarah said...

Love your Junior DT!! If you have a look at my blog, Cooper created his masterpiece this week and proudly said he was sending it off to be published! The kids love it - what a great idea! Hope you're on the mend now. Sarah

Steph said...

The JDT layouts are so gorgeous - have fun with that project! Was lovely to catch up with you again on the weekend!

Sarah said...

Hi Judee, Thanks for the message on my blog re. Cooper's layout. He is SO excited!! I will send you a copy.