Monday, April 02, 2007

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

What an absolutly wonderful and magnificent day.
The weather was tremendous, no rain in sight, the sun was shining, the birds were even singing and horses were very well behaved.
The day started at 6.30am. Adel, one of Melinda's Bridesmaids stayed overnight on Saturday, got up and cooked Melinda Pancakes for breakfast and threw fresh rose petals over her for good luck, it is apparently good luck, and boy was the bride to be pampered.
7.30 off to the hairdressers for Adele and myself
8.15 Melinda Shona and Kristy arrived at the hairdressers, then it was Jodies turn then my mums (Marj) and then the very excited flowergirls.
The makeup run started at 10.30, as we were finished at the hairdressers, we headed home to the have the makeup applied. It all ran so very smoothly.
The flowers arrived at 9am and then it was Bills turn to take them off to Glenns house.
I picked my Mum up at the Nursing home at 9.30am and was back home at 10.15
Mark decided at 11am that he needed a haircut, so I took him down to Fountain Gate and while I was there I just happened to get a couple of bottles of Champagne. Before I left I decided to put on some homemade sausage rolls for the girls to nibble on. (I forgot them), Thankfully
Kristy and Adele decided to go near the oven for some reason, and found that the oven was warm. Saved by the bell.
When I got back from Foutain Gate we cracked the Champagne. 2 bottles do not go very far when you have 9 women,three men getting ready for a wedding. But it was just enough to wet the whistle.
At 2p.m. Taylor's shoes broke (Flower girl) so Melinda (Veil and all) along with her 3 Bridesmaids headed off to Fountain Gate to get some new shoes.
While they were gone Helped Mum get dressed.
Home again home again Jigety jig came the Bride and Bridesmaids, then the rush started.
The photographer arrived at 2pm and set up, and started taking photo's of everyone before they got ready. They got some beautiful shots of My mum with her 24 Great granddaughter (Chelsie).
The bridesmaid were in one room, I was in another with Melinda, Bill was in the ensuite having a shower. She LOKKED Awesome!!!!!!!!!. It just a speachless moment when you see you daughter first in her wedding dress and veil knowing that she soom will be a married woman. That initial sight is breathtaking.
PHOTOS PHOTOS and MORE PHOTOS, those of you that are married would understand that statement. You get sick of smiling.
Then it was time to get the flowergirls dressed. They were sooooooooooo patient. and they toooooooo looked georgeous. They got their necklace and bracelet on and they were ready. For a Three year old and an eight year old they were just so well behaved.
Then time for mum to get dressed.
Stocking, skirt camisole, jacket and then beieve it or not a hat. Yes I wore a hat. I felt just so special.
Then I looked over at Bill, standing in the background, in his stunning black suit, with his Silver vest and tie. I now know why I married him 33 years ago.. Maybe in the background but always there. Thankyou darling.
I walked out to see my 3 kids, Jodie looking soo well and beautiful in her tuorqoise tope and straight hair, my daughter Melinda in all her finery and looking stunning in white, and then my son Mark, what a stunner. Black Suite and vest,and turqoise tie. He is not always around but to see him standing there watching in awe as everything unfold around him was tremendous. Bill and I are just so lucky to have 3 absolutely together kids. They wouldn't miss anything that the other is doing. Thankyou my darlings you all are a credit to your Mum and Dad. We love you. Thankyou.
Then after more and more photos, it was time. The cars were waiting out the front, one for the Bride and her Father and the two flowergirls, and one for the three bridemaids and mother of the bride, Jodie Jeff, Chelsie, Mark and Mum (Marj)were off in Jodies car.
One minor stop, Cranbourne Hall. and there waiting was a beautiful white carriage, with two beautiful dressed white horses, and gentleman dressed in red top, just to sett off the occasion.
Out of the big car and into the Carriage went Bill, Melinda and the two flowergirls. I don't know who was so excited. The adults or the flowergirls, Taylor kept on saying I'm going in the carriage.
Off again. What a great site. Melinda and Bill even told us they had Japanese tourists stop and take photos, it just looked magical.
I was first to arrive at the reception centre, I jumped out of the car and made my entrance, The group and atmosphere was estatic, there were kids and parents from the schools at which Melinda and Glenn teach.
Mark and Jeff were handing out order of service sheets, the Celebrant welcomed me and then it was off to the Gazebo where I went and greeted my new son soon to be. He and his groomsmen were up there looking very dapper indeed. The groomsmen in their black suits and blue ties to match the bridemaids and the grrom........well what can I say....There in his black suit and gold tie, very stunning. I think the longer he waited the more nervous he got.
The the shout went up, There they are in a horse and carriage....... It was just all so fairytale like, I feel like I am writing a book.
I am going to close this blogg this time for now and will return soon with the remainder of the farytale.............and photos.

Until then
Keep smiling and healthy
L
Judy

2 comments:

Mel Diener said...

Sounds perfect..looking forward to seeing some fairy tale pictures.

Dawn Stan said...

Sounds so magical Judy. Glad they had the perfect day.