Sunday, August 19, 2007

What's been happening.????????

The last week has been rather hectic for me.
Saturday last week, we had a great day in the shop, when it slowed down at about 4.20pm I decided I would take a small break and play solitaire on the front computer. BAAAAAAD idea, I heard the back door of the shop open and close and I thought it was Jodie, but when Jodie didn't appear I got up to investigate. I saw a person wearing a black windcheater with a hood heading out the door. I immediately ran, but no one was there. I thought I was going crazy, until I came back in to the office and realized by handbag had gone, I rang the police and while I was waiting I then realized that my laptop had also gone. So handbag with money, d/licence, medicare card, bank cards visa cards and my working with children card had all gone with my bag. It wasn't the money but more the cards and all the running about applying for new ones, I was puzzeled as to what I had in my bag, as I knew it was rather heavy, and I thought but my purse and money wouldn't weigh that much. It wasn't until Sunday late morning that I remembered that my digital camera and my card were also in the bag. My card had all the photos of Melinda's wedding that I took. I know I have the professional ones but these were the personal ones of the reception. Bugger. Can't cry over spilt milk and too late to remember to lock the back door, and too late to not leave my handbag in clear view. I can only say well I'll have to start again. At least we were insured for the replacement of the laptop, the camera and by bag and purse but its just a pain. To know that you have been violated. As the police said I was lucky that I didn't happen to go down to the office while he was there. He could have had a knife or anything, so I suppose I am lucky. Maybe I should buy a tatts ticket.
Then everything going really well the past week with the shop and again on Saturday arfternoon at approx 4.30p.m I had to ring the police. This time we had a 13 yo girl dissappear from the shop. Finally after 20-30minutes of looking with her mother we found that she had walked home. I think last night I should have had a stiff brandy. My heart was racing quite fast with all the drama. I have decided that next Saturday I am going to be a lot more aware and nothing is going to happen.
That tatts ticket is really looking good. What do you think? It can only get better.
Well during the week Laura (customer of Arty Pants) had a baby boy, so congratulations to Laura and Dave and Kaytie on the safe arrival of Luke, your precious son and brother. Maybe a scrapbooker in the making.
Still waiting on news from Chrissy. She it due I think either today or tomorrow. Good luck Chrissy and Scott, can't wait to hear the good news.
Our first real full week of classes in Cranbourne. Started Sunday with Jodies 2in2, Andreas doodle it and transparency, Becs Staxs of cards and Jenny's beginner class, only one to wait on is The Kidz Klassz that begin next Saturday with Fathers day items. The other classes have just taken off and well recieved and so the kidz klassz have lots of bookingzzzzzzzz. Shae has done a sample for the Penz and the Canvaz klazzes still going to do the sample. If I haven't put in enough zzzzzzzzzz I just thought I would add some more because I think it is nearly time for me to go and relax and then go to zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Keep smiling and healthy
l
Judy.

3 comments:

jodee76 said...

Nice to see your updating you blog a little more frequently! (Cheeky aren't I???)

Unknown said...

Jodee is very cheeky, but then again like mother... you know the rest...

I couldnt believe it about the handbag etc - isnt anyone safe anymore? I didnt think where you showed me it was taken from was plain view - i think they just happened to get very lucky. what goes around comes around -theyll get theirs! I can understand about Saturday with the thirteen year old going missing - would have given everyone a big fright. Her poor mother and you ! Hopefully it will a better happier week for you this week ...
See you later in the week.
Bec XX

Andrea said...

Such a bugger about losing the handbag etc. It's the replacing stuff that's the biggest hassel and the loss of the photos you can't get back. The classes have really gone well and look forward to doing lots more.