Thursday, January 18, 2007

I've learnt more about life in 6 months.....

Well today puts the icing on the top of the cake. I have learnt more in 6 months, than I have in 53 years...
There was a fight again outside our shop (in Hampton Park Victoria). Two girls this time....and fight they sure did. Took 4 security guards to break them up. Quite scarey. Learnt afterwards that one of them was pregnant. and the same group assulted a lady from the video shop last night.
I have seen lots of different things during the time of the shop opening than I have ever seen in my whole life, and I was brought up in Yarraville, Altona, Sunshine and Albion(the Western Suburbs the so called tough area) I new these things happened, but just didn't realize that they happen around us.
In the last week there has been trouble with the little s***s each day, there has been:
  1. shoplifting,
  2. s***s giving the elderly cheek
  3. a window was broken on the shop next door to us last Sat. and then paint thrown at it. The beer bottles that were thrown at the window are still on the footpath.
  4. The rubbish bins being full and rubbish being strewn over the place.

What is happening to the generation and society today.

I always saw this type of behaviour on the televison from American shows, I Hoped I would never see it happen in Australia, let alone in the area that I live and work.
The time has come for us civilised people of the Lucky country to stand up and make things better. Don't know how to start, but if anyone has any ideas, please let me know as I am ready to fight. Not the physicial type of way, but stand up for my rights.

On a better note:
Apart from the trouble above, I have had a wonderful, enjoyable time since Christmas with some upsetting times, but more good times than bad.
  1. I have turned another year older (and wiser). Not sure if this is good than bad.
  2. I have had my hair cut again, (this time in preparation for Melinda's wedding on 1st April 2007 (only 10.5 weeks away.)
  3. Been with Melinda to look at the reception house and gardens where she is getting married.
  4. Commenced organising the Wedding invites.
  5. Arranged for a Dinner with Melinda's In Laws, to discuss the reception and money,
  6. Had a massive sale in the shop which went really well.
  7. Rearranging the shop to fit in more new stock.
  8. Spent relazing, quality time with my family, including my two terrific grandchildren, Taylor 7.5 and Cassie 3 Years old.
  9. Actually spent time with Bill, my equally wonderful and terrific husband.
  10. Spent quality time with my 87 year old mother.
  11. Worrying about the health of my brother, Jim. He is currently seriously ill in hospital. Jim is living on borrowed time at present ,but I just wish he would live on more borrowed time. but unfortunately, that is not looking promising.
  12. Connecting Broardband at home so I can again communicate with you wonderful people from blogg land.
  13. Meeting some wonderful and enjoyable people, and meeting some not so wonderful and enjoying people.
  14. Enjoying Life.

But

I can quite honesly say that Life has its ups and downs, but it spreads itself out and you must take the good with the made. How boring would life be without variety.
Don't forget if you have any comments on reclaiming our rights, please let me know.

Keep smiling and healthy
Judy
xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judee
Its Bek here - so sorry to hear of your brothers illness. I also hope Jodie is feeling much better today.
I just hope you can spend as much time with your brother as you can ! Time is so precious and rare these days. I have no idea how we can all solve these kind of problems as it seems as you solve one, another pops up in its place. But things will settle down once school holidays are over i am sure..
Take Care
Bek xx