Saturday, January 03, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

What a lot of news.

First, May the peace and calm of christmas and new year be with you all this time of sharing and love.

second.

I am going to semi retire. Yes you heard right or should I say read right......

As of today 4th January 2009 Arty Pants retail shop closed. We will go online and hence the reason for semi retirement.

We have had people coming into the shop saying they are sorry for us, well i must put everyone right.

Jodie and I are extremely happy that we have at least tried a retail shop, but

the time has come for us to back off a bit. Jodie with her family and me with my champagne and relaxation.

The shop did really well but to be truthful the only people in retail that would make money would be the Landlords.

In this era of internet, I think it is stupid for anyone to open a retail shop.


  • The prices can be a lot cheaper online as the suppliers sell to online customers at the same price they sell to those that have overheads, hence the lower prices. Customers will be happier. (we will not be one of the greedy type on the internet and we will have lower prices. You also have to take into consideration that we also had to pay exhorbitant rates, outgoings, cleaning, insurance, and then more insurance and garbage collection, maintenance for a shop that is not yours but you still have to maintain it for the landlord, and then when you are finished with it you have to get it back to a better condition than it was when you took over.

  • You don't have to be tied up with staying in the shop for hours on end. I can be home and undertaking my housework and not having to pay someone to do it for me because I am never home.

  • I can still have the same customer service as we have had in the shop only it would just mean that we do it via email etc.

  • I can get a bit of sunshine on the body receiving vitamin d instead of via tablets. and still check for orders while sitting outside.

  • I do not have to rush out every morning just to open a shop, I can stay at home and wait or then again I can go out and still wait.

  • I will be more relaxed and hence my husband will be more relaxed and hence a happy family life.

  • I can finally get my house how I want it. i still have boxes that I have not unpacked and tomorrow it will be 12 months since we moved here.
  • I can go back to being a grandmother to my four wonderful grandchildren instead of being a grouchy grandmother who is always tired.
  • I can spend some more time with my children. I know they are all adults now but they are still my children and I love them all to bits.
  • I can be a mother to jodie again instead of being a retail shop partner. I know we will still be partners, but online it will be a lot more relaxed.

Thanks to all of you that helped us out during our time with Arty Pants Retail Shop, for without your help and encouragement we would not have survived this long in retail.

Thankyou for your support, Jodie and I have really appreciated it and believe me we have taken all the advice.

We had people in the shop today who are sad for us we are no, they can be sad that the shop has closed we appreciate that but do not be sad for us rejoice with us that we now have a life and you in return will still have Arty Pants but only difference will be that it will be online and we will have more time enjoy it with you all.

Thankyou again

Keep smiling and healthy

love

Judy

2 comments:

Melita said...

I'll miss the chatter with you when I popped in but for one am eagerly awaiting the online store !! ANd very happy for you - pop a cork for me!

judee d said...

Certainly will Lita. Look forward to chatting on the forum