Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Long week!!!!

My FIL's funeral was held last Thursday. I think we gave him a fitting send off. Very emotional but very fitting for him. One of the songs was The Old Man sung by the Fureys. The first time I heard this song was two months after my own father passed away, when Bill and I went to see the Fureys in concert. I cried all the way through and last Thursday was no different. It has some beautfiul words and very fitting for a Father who has helped their children through thick and thin.
Friday was Mark's Birthday, 28 and still maturing. I think he enjoyed his day. We had dinner for him on Sunday night when all the family got together. Bill and I are in our element when all our children are together. It is great to see them all interacting well together.
Sunday Bill and I went to the nursing home to see my Mum, unfortunately I think she is going to be the next, although we never know. She is still unable to walk due to her fracture of her pelvis and I think she will never be able to walk again. But you never know Mum may fool us all. She seemed quite contented but still confused. At one stage whe said did i know that Judith's husband has a job at last ( I was quite shocked, as I am Judith and my husband has never been without a job since I have known him. So I am not sure who she was talking about) I asked her if it was bill but she said no I can't remember his name. So who knows.... aS least she is contented. Still not the life that she would want to live. Maybe this is not the place to state that I believe in euthanasia(sp?) but too bad. Since my father had alzheimers and he lingered on for years I have been a supporter. I knew it was not what he wanted but I couldn't do anything about it. and again Mum although contented and in her own little world, it is still not what mum would want. From such intelligent parents to people who have to have their arses wiped, not very pleasant. I get onto something better, sorry to waffle on.
Jodie was sick Tuesday (yesterday). but Today I have had the day off and it has been FANTASTIC. I even cooked dinner (meatloaf), I finished all the washing, drying and folding and still had time to myself. i feel quite relaxed at last.
I am going to go and enjoy the last of my day off, back to work tomorrow.
I hope this finds you all healthy and please keep smiling.
love
Judy

No comments: